Back to Peter Costantini: Ecce Homeboy
by Peter Costantini
Last year I published two stories on Mexico:
* * *
- Mexico's vanishing peasants
- The first segment of the MSNBC News series Bitter Harvest. A multi-media site on Oaxaca, coffee and emigration, with photographs by Linda Becker.
This main story includes links to the following sidebars:
- Keeping them down on the farm
- Why people emigrate from the Mexican countryside.
- Coffee: Oaxaca's lifeblood
- A key crop for keeping small farmers on their land.
- Oaxaca, Chiapas: Two states apart
- A dust bowl versus a plantation economy.
- Slide show: A day in the life of don Pedro
- How a small Oaxacan coffee farmer makes a living.
- Interactive graphic: The route to El Norte
- The long road from Oaxaca northward.
- Listening to the old stones of Oaxaca
- A meditation on some indigenous answers to the painful conundrums confronting Mexico as it moves towards greater democracy. Sintonía is an online journal of the University of Guadalajara
Peter Costantini writes about Latin America, labor and technology issues for MSNBC News, Inter Press Service, and other news outlets.